I’ve been tagged by Kristen Baron from Baron of Style for the Sunshine Award! Kristen has a super cool blog where she uses ideas of sociology to understand why people dress the way they do. Definitely check out her blog, along with the other bloggers I have tagged below! Here are the rules for the Sunshine Award.
Share 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you.
List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve the recognition.
Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer, and let all of them know that they have been nominated.
11 Facts About Me
1. Anyone who knows me knows that I am addicted to strawberry flavored Sour Punch Straws.
2. I am a big daddy’s girl.
3. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people keep the water running the entire time they brush their teeth or wash their face, ah what a waste of water!
4. I won “Best Hair” in my senior yearbook.
5. I totaled my first car because a school bus hit me while making a sharp turn, yikes!
6. I believe most things are better when they’re bedazzled ;]
7. I rarely go a day without a nap.
8. I have rewatched the entire “One Tree Hill” series about four times now. It’s safe to say I’m a bit obsessed.
9. I used to be extremely terrified of black cats until about sixth grade.
10. Miley Cyrus really grosses me out.
11. I’ve never dyed my hair and I have been getting the same haircut since I was 13.
11 Questions from Baron of Style
1. What is your dream vacation?
I have been wanting to go to Bora Bora which is located in the French Polynesian Islands for the past six years after seeing pictures from a couple’s honeymoon there. If you’ve seen pictures of the resorts there before you’d understand why. Literally looks unreal.
2. What’s your earliest memory?
My parents used to own a Vietnamese restaurant in Des Moines back when I was little so I remember running around the kitchen and restaurant every day after preschool. One of my favorite places in the restaurant was underneath the fish tank (it was a huge 100 gallon tank). I would spend hours underneath it listening to the water of the tank, coloring, and napping.
3. Dream profession?
I would love to work for an entertainment magazine or TV station like Cosmopolitan or E! News.
4. If your home caught on fire, what 3 things would you grab before running out?
I would definitely bring my memory box I have in my closet that has past photos, notes, cards, and meaningful gifts I have received from people I love. Also, I’d bring my favorite pillow, and my hard drive.
5. Who’s your idol?
Both of my parents. They came to Vietnam as teenagers having a limited education and now they wtheyork 50+ hours a week in order to give my sister and I everything we have ever needed and more. They are the reason why I never take money for granted and every day I work hard to ensure I can give back what they have always given to me.
6. What’s your favorite trend?
I am loving a neutral fall outfit paired with a colorful sneaker or beanie right now. I think it’s a classy and easy way to spice things up but not have it look tacky.
7. If money wasn’t an option, what is the craziest thing you would buy?
Expensive shoes, lots of them.
8. Do you have any pets?
At my house in Des Moines, IA, we have a large pond in our backyard with about ten koi fish.
9. Who would win in a fight: Taco or Pizza Slice?
If it is a macaroni and cheese pizza slice from Mesa’s pizza, that would definitely win.
10. Would you ever dye your hair an unconventional color (pink, blue, etc.)
Never! I honestly don’t plan to ever dye my hair. As an Asian American, I think after dying your hair once, it’s really difficult to get it back to your natural dark brown/black hair unless you wait to completely grow your hair out.
11. Do you believe in ghost?
Yes, and thinking about them scares the crap out of me.
Bloggers I Nominate
My 11 Questions
1. If you could date any celebrity who would it be?
2. How do you l like to study for an exam?
3. What’s your most embarrassing moment?
4. If you wrote an autobiography, what would you title it?
5. Kobe or Lebron?
6. What’s the best advice someone has ever given you?
7. What would you have for your “last supper”?
8. What is your most overused word?
9. Explain your style in two words.
10. What song makes you want to get up and dance?
11. Would you rather lose both of your arms or both of your legs?